Laptops are an important part of our modern lives and by buying one we usually commit to supporting and caring for it. However, there may come a time when we need to restore the laptop to factory settings in order to get rid of the viruses and bugs that our laptops accumulate throughout our daily use.
Besides, factory resets are also useful for preparing computers to be resold or reused, as it clears out personal information that was on the device.
How To Factory Reset Acer Laptop? There are a variety of methods to do this, but MedCPU will go over the best methods to factory reset your Acer laptop. Let’s dive in!
Factory Reset Acer laptop Windows 10 by Alt + F10
This will allow you to factory reset your Acer laptop without needing to log in to Windows 10. This is an excellent way to factory reset your Acer laptop without having to access Windows 10.
Step 1: Turn off your Acer laptop.
Step 2: Hold down Alt + F10 keys while pressing the Power button. This will turn on your Acer laptop. After a while, your Acer laptop should boot to the Choose an Option screen.
Step 3: Select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything
Step 4: Select delete my files or Fully clean your drive, depending on your needs.
Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions and click on Reset to begin the factory reset process. Do not turn off your Acer laptop.
Step 6: Now, relax and wait for the factory reset process to complete. The Acer laptop will reboot several times and then reinstall Windows 10. Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Acer notebook.
Reset Acer laptops to factory settings using ERecovery Management
This applies to Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
If the Acer laptop cannot start usually, it will automatically boot into the Recovery Management mode.
If the screen doesn’t appear to be loading automatically, press the Alt+ F10 keys simultaneously on the keyboard when it is powered on.
1. Turn on your Acer laptop.
2. Start your Acer laptop by pressing the Alt and F10 keys simultaneously.
3. Click on Restore.
4. You have three options for restoring your Acer laptop’s factory default settings: Restore Operating System and Retain Users Data; Completely Restore System to Factory Defects, or Reinstall Drivers and Applications.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to start the restoration process.
Factory Reset Acer laptop Windows 10 by logging in
If the Alt + F10 keys do not work on your Acer laptop, you can factory reset it by logging in. You also have to log in to Windows 10 to backup your important files and perform factory resets. If you forget the password or don’t remember it, you will need to reset your password. To do this factory reset, you must first delete the password. These are the steps.
Step 1: Unlock Windows 10 on Acer laptop.
A password reset disk can be used to erase Windows 10 passwords from your Acer laptop quickly.
1) Use Windows Password Refixer to create a password reset disc on another computer. You need to install Windows Password Refixer on another computer. Follow the on-screen instructions to burn the file to a USB flash drive.
2) Boot Acer laptop using the password reset disk. This video will show you how to boot an Acer laptop from a USB drive.
3) Unlock Windows 10 on your Acer laptop. After your Acer laptop boots from the password reset disk, select your user and click on the Reset Password button. After resetting the password, you can remove the disk from your Acer laptop and then restart it. Once your laptop restarts, you will be able to log in to Windows 10 with no password. You can then factory reset your Acer laptop by logging in.
Step 2: Log in to Windows 10 to factory-reset your Acer laptop
1) Sign in to Windows 10 if you have not done so.
2) Back up your essential files, if necessary.
3. Open the Settings app and choose Update & Security.
4) Click Recovery to the left, then click Get Started under Reset This PC section.
5) Select Remove all
6) You will be asked if you would like to clean all of your system drives. Depending on your needs, choose the option.
7) Follow the instructions on the screen and click Reset. This will initiate the factory reset process.
8) Wait until the factory reset is complete. After the factory reset completes, your Acer laptop will reboot several times. To set up your data, you will only need to follow the instructions on the screen.
Why does Alt+F10 Not Work?
Acer Alt+F10 will not work if a laptop has an operating system already installed. Alt F10 won’t work if you have deleted or formatted the recovery partition.
The hotkey will cease to work if you reinstall Windows. Hotkeys rely on drives. Hotkeys will not function if the drive is deleted after users have reinstalled their system.
Changes made to the boot partition or system partition will impact the partition size and partition type. These small changes will prevent Acer Alt F10 from working.
In certain circumstances, you may be able to enter the recovery interface. However, the built-in recovery software will prompt you with the Acer recovery error. The C drive or recovery partition size has been modified, which can affect the recovery process.
Alternatives to Factory Reset
You don’t have to do a complete factory reset. There are other options.
One option is to choose to Keep my files over, Removing all when you reset your computer. This keeps your files intact.
Windows can also search for troubleshooting solutions by going to Settings > Security > Troubleshoot. This allows you to focus on specific issues and not reset your entire computer.
Factory resets are a powerful tool. However, it is best to identify the problem and then try to resolve it. If your laptop is experiencing problems, you should consider a factory restart.
When to Factory Reset Your Laptop?
It can be tricky to know when to factory reset your laptop. Sometimes the factory reset will solve the problem you’re having, or it will be one of many steps that need to be taken to fix the problem.
When there is a major issue with your laptop, it may be time to return it for an exchange. You should factory reset your laptop before you give it away or sell it. You also need to factory reset it if you’ve changed the hard drive or motherboard.
You should factory reset your laptop if you’ve changed the memory or processor. This will allow the laptop to start over and prevent future errors.
What is the recovery key for Acer?
In the event that you forget your Acer password, you can use the recovery key to access your computer. The recovery key is a series of 25 words that will allow you to access your account without entering your password. Once you have typed in your recovery key, you will be able to reset your password.
How do I factory reset my laptop without turning it on?
Factory resetting a laptop without turning it on is possible with some help from others. You can’t do this by yourself, but there are guides on the internet that show you how to do it. To factory reset your laptop without turning it on, find someone who has the same laptop model as you. Then ask that person to do the following: go to settings > privacy > ads > turn off interest-based ads.
Then go to the advanced section, and turn off “Use a Microsoft Service for marketing.” Finally, go to your laptop’s settings menu and select Reset, then select Yes, and wait for the resetting process to complete.
How do I unlock my Acer computer if I forgot my password?
Acer computers can be unlocked by using the manufacturer’s original product key, an Acer service tag, or a Windows password. When using a product key, please enter it using the small keyboard on the lower right-hand side of the touch screen. The computer will automatically attempt to find the appropriate driver for your device.
If you have lost your key, an Acer service tag is located in the battery compartment of the computer. After typing in the security code, type in the password.
How do I make sure that the laptop reset process is quick?
It can lead to serious problems if your laptop is not turned on during the recovery process. These problems include:
Your computer/laptop will not be able to start regularly.
You could endanger data on the recovery partition.
You must ensure that the laptop is not turned off. Before you begin the recovery, make sure your laptop is plugged into the charger. Do not attempt to stop the recovery utility from running or force the laptop to shut down.
Now you can factory reset your Acer laptop easily with our above methods without getting into any difficulty. If the above methods do not work for you, then resetting your laptop with any laptop recovery tool will give you a similar result.
So, these were our Acer reset instructions. If you have any questions or issues regarding the above methods to unlock your Acer laptop, feel free to write it in the comments section below.