Are you looking for the best laptop for drawing? You’re in the right place!
A laptop is the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to drawing tools. A laptop is a valuable tool for architects, graphic designers, and photographers. Touchscreen laptops and supersensitive styluses can now be used thanks to technological advances.
Some laptops may not be powerful enough to create intricate artwork. You can find 2 in 1 laptops here. Medcpu has compiled a list of the 8 best laptops for graphic design. Let’s explore!
List of 8 Best Laptops for Drawing
[amazon box=”B07J1SY5QQ,B08W54CX5B,B07TWHYTSQ,B07M5X7MH1,B07J1SY5QQ” ]
1. HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 – Best Laptop for with a Stylus for Drawing
The HP Spectre is a complete package for artists who want to unleash their creativity. The 2-in-1 design allows it to double up as a tablet and laptop. To get the best position for drawing, you can tilt the screen at any angle. The screen even includes a stylus pen.
[amazon box=”B07L4H82TS” template=”horizontal”]
LED lights backlight the HD touchscreen’s hardware. This allows you to work from anywhere, at any hour of the day. The Intel Core i7 processor is powerful and can handle any task. It integrates well with Illustrator and Windows Ink. It is easy to use and comfortable for high-quality results.
- Screen Size: 13.3 inches
- Display Resolution: 1920×1080 Touchscreen
- Processor: Intel Quad-Core i7-8550U
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4SDRAM
- Internal Storage: 256GB
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Best 2-in-1 laptop for artists
- Amazing value for money
- 360-degree design for the perfect angle
2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Best 2 in 1 Laptop for Drawing
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a powerful 2-in-1 laptop that can be used for drawing. It has a 12.3-inch screen with high resolution and is ideal for artists. Although it does not come with a stylus, you can combine it with the Surface Pen to achieve amazing results.
[amazon box=”B07YNHXX8D” template=”horizontal”]
You can draw all day with a battery life of as much as 10 hours. It won’t require you to stop charging it. You can also take it with you wherever you go. It’s also durable and tough, so that it will last for a long time. The Surface Pro for Art is a great choice for looking for you ( best budget 2 in 1 laptops ).
- Screen Size: 12.3 inches
- Display Resolution: 1920×1080
- Processor: 10th Generation Intel Core i7 and i5 processors
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Internal Storage: 256GB
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Flexible and responsive
- This lightweight and slim design is ideal for portability
- The Surface Pen is not included
3. Microsoft Surface Book 2 – Best Large Laptop for Drawing
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 follows the Surface Pro. The large, 15-inch screen offers an incredible resolution of 3240×2160. This laptop is ideal for artists because of its vivid colors and intricate details.
The Surface Pen is included with this 2-in-1 laptop for drawing. Multi-touch functionality makes the screen responsive. This is vital for quality drawings. You can run as many programs as you need with the i7 quad-core processor! This model is free from lagging and crashes.
[amazon box=”B079M4H3SJ” template=”horizontal”]
Surface Book 2 is packed with the latest technology, but it’s also a beautifully designed, slim laptop. It’s extremely lightweight and compact, so you can easily take it with you wherever you go.
- Screen Size: 15 Inches
- Display Resolution: 3240×2160
- Processor: 1.9GHz 8th Generation Intel Core I7-8650U Quad-Core
- RAM: 16 GB
- Internal Storage: 1TB SSD
- Windows 10 Operating System
- A high-speed machine capable of handling any software/program
- Plenty of storage space to store your artwork
- It takes a lot of time to set up the initial setup.
4. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 – Best Laptop with High-Resolution Touchscreen for Drawing
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is a great choice if you are looking for computers that can be used for art. It features an Intel Core i7 processor with 16 GB RAM and is ideal for professional artists. Your programs can be run simultaneously without fear of your laptop going down.
[amazon box=”B07K2F1S4N” template=”horizontal”]
It also features a stunning, high-resolution touchscreen. The colors are vibrant and true to life with clear details. The 14-hour battery life means you can draw all day thanks to its ability to hold the charge for up to 14 hours. This combination makes it the ideal touch screen laptop for artists.
- Screen Size: 13.5 Inches
- Display Resolution: 2256×1504
- Processor: 1.9GHz 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8650U quad-Core (Up to 4.2GHz).
- RAM: 16 GB
- Internal Storage: 512GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro Operating System
- Battery life is endless
- High-quality touchscreen with high-resolution
- The Surface Pen must be purchased separately
5. Apple MacBook Air with Apple M1 Chip
For best results, choose a digital laptop with a large screen and a powerful GPU.
The Apple MacBook Air laptop is loaded with incredible features. The massive 13.3-inch Retina display displays vivid images and exceptional detail. It has a simple design with a slim and sleek body.
[amazon box=”B08N5LNQCX” template=”horizontal”]
The MacBook also comes with the Apple M1 chip processor. It also has an Apple 8 core GPU for gaming. It also has macOS Big Sur OS, Apple’s latest OS. It has 256GB SSD storage and 8GB RAM to increase system speed. It has an 18-hour battery for extended usage.
- Silent operation with fanless design
- Display with Retina 13.3 inches
- Apple M1 chip processor with 8 cores
- Apple 8-core GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage
6. Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
This is the best choice for professionals who have a high-quality GPU and can produce lightning-fast results.
The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is one of the most popular drawing laptops. It has many amazing features. The convertible laptop has an 11.6 inch HD IPS display with anti-glare features and a 10-point touch screen laptops.
[amazon box=”B07GM2J11Q” template=”horizontal”]
It also features a MediaTek MTK 8173C processor paired with an Integrated PowerVR GTX6250 graphics card for enhanced performance. This improves the laptop’s performance. It also has Chrome OS for OS. It also has storage and memory with 64 GB eMMC SSD and 4GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- Display 11.6 inches HD IPS anti-glare touchscreen
- MediaTek MTK8173C Processor
- 4GB LPDDR3RAM, 64 GB eMMC SSD
- Integrated PowerVR Graphics GX6250
- Chrome OS
7. ASUS L203MA-DS04 VivoBook L203MA Laptop
This is the best option for beginners with a decent result and a great price.
VivoBook by Asus has many mind-blowing features. The body and looks are slim and lightweight. The display is 11.6 inches HD and has a resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Next, this laptop has an Intel Celeron N4000 processor with Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU for increased performance. Windows 10 S is also installed.
[amazon box=”B07N6S4SY1″ template=”horizontal”]
It also has 64GB of femme Flash storage and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM for increased performance. This device also features ASUS SonicMaster technology and dual speakers for cinematic sound.
- HD Display 11.6 Inch
- Intel Celeron N4000 processor
- 4GB RAM LPDDR4 and 64GB EMC Flash Storage
- Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU
- Windows 10 S OS
8. Dell Chromebook 11.
It is best known for being a reliable device that offers good resolution and is affordable.
The Dell Chromebook 11 boasts an 11.6-inch HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit screen. It has a resolution of 1366×768 for the best picture quality. It has vivid colors.
It also includes an Intel Celeron N2955U CPU paired with an Intel HD Graphics Card to increase the user’s gaming experience. This improves gaming and performance. It also has Chrome OS installed. It has 4GB DDR3 SDRAM and a huge storage capacity of 16GB SSD to improve the software’s performance.
- 11.6-inch HD SVA BrightView WLED backlit
- Intel Celeron N2955U processor
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 16GB SSD
- Intel HD Graphics
- Chrome OS
Best Laptops For Drawing Applications – Things to Consider
Graphics: This is the most important specification you should look at when purchasing a laptop for drawing. Your laptop should meet the highest standards for color vividness, display sharpness, and other specifications to ensure your artwork is understood and appreciated.
Display quality: It is important to realize that compromising on the display aspect will result in unsatisfactory digital artwork. A laptop display with a faster refresh rate is not necessary. However, you might consider an HD/Full HD screen with a greater resolution and a wider color gamut.
Stylus Support: If your laptop does not support a drawing tablet, you might consider a laptop with a stylus that can be used to draw. Make sure the stylus is pressure-sensitive so that it has a firm grip.
Resolution and Size:
- First, you need to consider the resolution and size of the image. This determines its clarity and sharpness.
- The screen sizes range from 11 to 18 inches.
- The higher prices for bigger screens come from the higher prices.
- When buying a laptop to draw on, you should not compromise.
- A 13-15 inch display is a great size for drawing.
- The screen resolution is the number of pixels on the screen.
- There are three resolution options for on-screen displays.
- Remember that resolution is directly related to screen size.
- If you select a larger screen, there will be more pixels required to cover the extra inches.
- For 13-inch screens, the recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels. For a 15-inch display, it would be 1280 x 800.
Performance: A laptop must perform better than the rest to maximize the use of the specifications. You don’t want to lose your vision while creating a masterpiece. A Core i5 processor or higher is faster and will not cause lags, so that you can use software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and others with ease.
FAQs about Best Laptop For Drawing
1. How do you draw on a laptop?
Please watch the video below to learn more:
2. Can you draw with a touchscreen laptop?
A Compatible Stylus can be used to draw on a touchscreen laptop. The modern touchscreen laptops are equipped with a digitizer layer, which restricts pens to a few. Wacom offers a wide range of compatible pens.
3. Is i5 good for digital art?
The clock speed of the Intel i5 processor is 3.2 GHz. The dedicated NVIDIA graphics cards speed up 3D work, particularly texturing. The screen display is not as bright as it could be with 200 nits and Adobe RGB at 50%.
4. How much RAM do I need for digital art?
The ideal RAM size would be between 8-16GB. 32GB would be great if you have the funds. Photoshop is my biggest RAM hog, but artists discovered that 16GB was sufficient to run Photoshop smoothly and without any distracting hangs.
We hope you found this article helpful in finding the best 2-in-1 laptops to suit your needs. For professional artists and amateur drawing enthusiasts, a lot of factors must be considered simultaneously so as to make an optimal laptop purchase – strong and fast CPU, effective GPU, speedy RAM & storage, long-lasting battery life, and accurate display quality.
The laptops listed above are the best laptops to draw, doodle, paint, and work targeted at artists who are pursuing a laptop under a specific budget.